My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Australia

I am the youngest of my family. I was adopted by my Mum and Dad who I love very much (even though I bite them). I like to do nothing and everything (all at once). I have Cat-itude and I wanted this blog to tell you all what I think about everything. So listen up.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

It is too hot to think even.

I adore it when Daddy comes home from work. I can't wait until he has his motorbike gear off so he can give me a cuddle so I do whatever I can to get close to him, even though he is usually trying to take off his motobike pants and boots at the time. hehe.

Later , when I think nobody is looking, I crawl up on the cabinet where his motorbike gear is, and I snuggle right in, catching any scent I can of my Daddy. I just love him sooooo much.

I don't know if I told you but in Australia we have had drought conditions now for quite a few years. We even have permanent water restrictions so we can't water our garden enough to save a lot of the plants and in recent years only the hardiest of them have survived. Mum tries not to get upset about her garden dying, and has tried to change the plants so they are more drought tolerant. It is pretty sad.

It has also been unseasonably warm here this week. It is supposed to be Spring here, and this week the temps have all been over 30 degrees celcius (86 F) and out hottest day this week was 36 c (96.8 F). So Mum and Dad have only let us out in the very early mornings for a short while and then they make sure we are safely inside in the coolness of our house.

One morning, Mum snapped some pictures of Miss Molly (who daddy calls Miss Molly Prissy Pants), resting on the chair on our front porch and stretching out her long legs. Doesn't she look pretty!


My Daddy isn't very well today. Yesterday he went to his human Vet and the doctor totally removed his toe nail on his big toe! Ouuucchhhh.

He was doing okay until late last night when he put his foot on the floor and it all split open and blood went everywhere. Mum had to look after him and today he went back to the Vet and had it all fixed up. I think he will be okay but he sure scared me. I got very upset when I saw it happen.

Poor daddy. Get better soon!

6 Comments:

Blogger Just Ducky said...

Oh that warm sun looks so good. It has been freezing here the past few days. Colder than it should be, so you must have some of our warm air.

Sorry about the Dad's toe, it musta hurted bad.

11:31 pm  
Blogger Fat Eric said...

Sorry about your dad's toe, hope it is feeling a bit better now. It is getting cooler here and we have been having some foggy autumnal mornings.
Aw, I can see you love your dad. I love my dad too and I always wake him up by sitting on his pillow and licking his hair. We also like to lie on the living room floor together and my mum says we both lie in the same position!!

9:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yur so cute an ya got a great fluffy tail an Molly is furry purrty an then we get ta the part 'bout the blood efurrywhere an our Lady made a squeaky noise an jumped in her chair. we shure hope yur daddy gets that all better!

4:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh! Your poor Dad. I sure hopes he feels better soon. I am very sorry about your Mum's garden. Enjoy the sunshine and I hope it cools off a bit for you.

6:26 pm  
Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

Oh your Dad has been DECLAWED? We didn't know they did that to 'beans. Your sis is pretty on the chair. ~Merlin, Shadow, Ko KO

12:31 pm  
Blogger Faira said...

Maybe he should have been named Moto, ha, ha! He is a beautiful cat!

3:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home