My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Australia

I am the youngest of my family. I was adopted by my Mum and Dad who I love very much (even though I bite them). I like to do nothing and everything (all at once). I have Cat-itude and I wanted this blog to tell you all what I think about everything. So listen up.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The Bats

Mum wouldn't let me outside tonight. Sandy was barking a lot, and she was a little worried about why. When she went to investigate, there were some bats in our yard. We live near a big wildlife park, and they have bats roosting in their trees. They come out at night and silently swoop through the night sky, raiding our fruit trees. Mum said they are bigger than me! That's pretty big.

I think she was a little worried that one might swoop down and pick me up, but Hello - they are fruit bats Mum - what do I look like? An orange?

7 Comments:

Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

Oh, Trixie told us 'bout the time there were bats living in the WALLS of a house her and norton and Ralphie used to live in. The bats would fly around the inside of the house at night and make mommy cry.

12:22 am  
Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

Bats can be scary! I'd still put my money on you, Oscar. You're tougher than any rabid flying rodent!

2:57 am  
Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

Why yes, you do look a little like an orange. Wouldn't bats be like really big moths? I love chasing moths. If she won't let you out, see if she'll let one come in.

5:15 am  
Blogger Fat Eric said...

Eek! I would be worried if I ever met a bat bigger than me! I hope they are not vampire bats - have you checked them for fangs??

5:27 am  
Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

We'd love to come stalk them. Might be fun!

5:55 am  
Blogger meemsnyc said...

bats bigger than cats, that is scary.
http://ilovecatnip.blogspot.com

2:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bats are not as nice to watch as birdies. I hope your mama am feeling better.

1:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home