My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Australia

I am the youngest of my family. I was adopted by my Mum and Dad who I love very much (even though I bite them). I like to do nothing and everything (all at once). I have Cat-itude and I wanted this blog to tell you all what I think about everything. So listen up.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

My doggy sister is sick.

This is my doggy sister Maddison. Mum says she is a Border Collie cross Jack Russell (whatever that means), but people say she is a mini border collie or even at times a black fox. I like her as she is always really nice to me. She has pretty eyeshadowed eyes huh.

Maddison has been sick. The vet said that she has heartworm. Mum and Dad are really upset about this because they said Maddy has taken prevention medication her entire life. The vet said it is just bad luck. Maddy is special because the vet said it is the first case they have seen in 5 years!

She has been undergoing treatment but it is pretty horrid. Mum said she had two arsenic based injections (I don't like needles myself), and now she has to remain quiet and calm for 4-6 weeks. Despite that, we may still lose her to the rainbow bridge. I hope not.

When Mum or Dad are home Maddy sits quietly under the table to be close to them.

Mum took three weeks off work to care for Maddy (and me too of course), but now she has to go back to work, so Maddy has to stay in her cage in the bathroom so she remains nice and quiet.
Mum says it breaks her heart to have to see her locked up. I can't see any pieces of Mum's heart laying around though, so maybe she put tape on it or something to mend it.

I liked having Mum home. She brushed me sometimes twice a day and we cuddled a lot. I wish Mum could be home all the time. (so does Mum I think).

I hope my sister is okay. Mum says the first two weeks are the biggest danger and she had the injections 3 weeks ago now, so hopefully she is doing okay.

10 Comments:

Blogger Myst and Blackie said...

we are saying purrayers for Maddison. we are sure you take good care of her while your Mum & Dad are at work... Mom said that Maddison is a very pretty girl

8:34 am  
Blogger Just Ducky said...

Oscar,

When I first saw this it was right after the news report of contaminated dog food here in the US. Some people are losing their dogs because of this.

It is hard to stay inside all the time, but I hope Maddison gets better.

Lots of hugs and purrayers.

Derby

11:13 am  
Blogger Timmy said...

I hopes Maddy am ok too a'cause she is just beautiful. I likes her sweet, kind face. She looks like a good puppy. You keep an eye on her and purr lots around her to make her feel better m'kay?

11:20 am  
Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

Oscar, I don't know if I like dogs, but I'll take your word for it that Maddy is nice to kitties. She's very pretty and looks intelligent (for a dog). I hope she gets well soon. For your Mum's heart, and Maddy's, purring is the best treatment we kitties can give.

3:37 pm  
Blogger Spock said...

We will say purrayers for you & your sisfur & your fambly. I's sorry for you all Charlie....

11:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We really hope your sister does better. We'll keep her in our prayers.

1:28 am  
Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

We will purray for your woofie sister.

4:34 am  
Blogger WCTs said...

Many big hugs for sweet Maddison! She is just beautiful. I am sure you family is taking very good care of her.

The Whippy Curly Tails in the Toasty South!

1:26 pm  
Blogger The Crew said...

Oh poor Maddy. We hope she improves. Do keep us up to date on her condition.

4:15 am  
Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

Hope Madison has gotten better.

We humans do have a strange way of putting tape around our broken hearts. You'd be surprised.

10:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home