My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Australia

I am the youngest of my family. I was adopted by my Mum and Dad who I love very much (even though I bite them). I like to do nothing and everything (all at once). I have Cat-itude and I wanted this blog to tell you all what I think about everything. So listen up.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Dudes - I am okay!

Thank you everyone that kept me in your thoughts. I am okay. A bit drowsy but definately okay. I cannot for the life of me work out what happened. All I know is that the Vet patted me and I purred and then they stuck me with the needle thingy and next thing I am waking up and I have a bandage on both legs. What is with this bandage and why can't I get it off?

This is my carry case that Mum brought me home in. I kinda like my carry case, except when I have to go too far from home - then i get scared. You can just make me out inside the case.
I was absolutely starving when I came home, and the Vet said I could eat - so I went straight to the dry food, but it was too hard to get my paw in there to get out the good ones, so I just laid down and dragged them out all over the floor and picked out the bits I wanted - Sorry Mum. (she had to clean up after me). You can see too, that Molly came out of her nap in the bedroom and said "Dude are you okay?". I didn't think she would care that I was gone - but she obviously did. I think Dude is my new word of the day.



Although she said I smelt funny. I don't care - I think I smell beautiful and Mum said I smelt okay. I think Molly is the stinker around here! Look at the mess I made!
Ok So Mum said that the Vet cleaned my teeth, and took the thing off my paw. She said that after they were removing it, they said they think it is probably just a calus or something like that horn thingy that Jasper said it probably was, but the pathology will sort it out. It also appears like I have the beginning of more over nearly all my pads, so they definately wanted pathology to tell us what it is. Maybe I am growing more toes or something.

Mum said my Op-er-way-shun cost A$555.83. I think I am worth it though. Every cent.

I gotta keep this bandage on for a week, and then go back to the Vet to get it checked. I think the bandage is going to be hot tomorrow on me as we are expecting 40C (104F) tomorrow. Mum said the weather is terrible in Australia at the moment, and we have lots of bushfires. The air smells of smoke. I don't like it.

13 Comments:

Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

We're glad you're OK Oscar! We heard about the terrible hot summer down there. We are having a very warm winter here, 'cept it is finally snowing today. mommy says it's very weird weather. If your bandage gets too hot tomorrow, then take it off.

12:41 am  
Blogger Myst and Blackie said...

We are so glad you are okay. We think you are worth every penny cause you are such a handsome fellow. Try to keep cool.

1:09 am  
Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

We are so relieved to hear everything went well!

I like your kibble technique. I think I may have to try that out tonight...

3:00 am  
Blogger Amy in NC said...

Dude! Glad to hear you made it through. Sounds like you are nicer to your evil vet than I am. Hope the tests turn out ok.

Knightly

3:42 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad that you are all right. I hope the paw isn't too sore and that the bandage isn't too hot. Take care and get well soon.

9:26 am  
Blogger Just Ducky said...

Good to see that you made it home OK. Mum likes your kittie carrier.

If all of your paws have this thingy coming, you don't have an alien inside of you trying to grow out? Do you?

Stay cool.

12:50 pm  
Blogger Max said...

Dude! "Dude" is a perfectly good word! I use it, like, ALOT!

Good on ya for making a mess for your Mom to clean up. People need to feel needed, especially when their kitties have been to the stabby place!

2:36 pm  
Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Oh Oscar...I have to go to the v-e-t to get my teeth cleaned too. Tomorrow. Which is probably today where you are.....Anyway I take it as a good sign the you can eat with your teeth right away. -Shaggy

4:01 pm  
Blogger The Crew said...

Oh Oscar what a terrible ordeal for you. We're so glad it's over. Be sure to let us know if your other paws are OK.

104F. Gosh, hope you can turn on the A/C by yourself while you're laid up.

4:54 am  
Blogger Carolina Cats said...

Dude! Glad you are ok, and way to go making a mess for the mom bean to clean up. Those bandijes are good for ekstra treats, you know. Limp around some and pick your paws up and then cry a little bit. Just don't get too carried away or she will take you bak to the v-e-t.

Hope you can go outside soon.

Finny & Buddy

6:57 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oscar you look great, so glad all is well...
Now dont go trying to pull those bandages off either or you will be in big trouble...

MrsHUGS

9:01 am  
Blogger Magoo, Smudge, Bella & Dolce said...

We're glad your home, Oscar. Operations are never a fun thing no matter what they're for. 40C! That's amazing. Usually at this time of year, we can get to -40C. We agree with the other cats, milk it for all its worth. When Magoo got his teeth cleaned, we got extra Stinky Goodness that week.

6:33 am  
Blogger Fat Eric said...

Hi Oscar, glad to see you are home safely. Hope you feel 100% very soon. I am ginger and long-haired too. But I am a long way away from you in London. Sorry to hear about the nasty bushfires, it is cold and frosty here!

9:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home