My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Australia

I am the youngest of my family. I was adopted by my Mum and Dad who I love very much (even though I bite them). I like to do nothing and everything (all at once). I have Cat-itude and I wanted this blog to tell you all what I think about everything. So listen up.

Monday, April 02, 2007

No sign of Molly anywhere

Mum went to as many shelters as she could on the weekend and Molly wasn't at any of them. The staff there were all lovely. They coped with Mum crying so hard she could hardly tell them why she was there, and they took her through all the quarantined areas where the general public don't get to go. One Shelter got 4 torties last week - 4! But none of them were Molly. Dad said maybe all the torties got together and decided to run away at once. 4 seems an awful lot of torties.

The RSPCA were lovely and gave Mum a list of all the shelters in the area and some guidelines on what to do to try to find your missing pet. It listed some websites in Australia where you can describe your missing pet and vets and shelters look at that list in the hopes of finding a match for pets they find. They gave Mum a lot of hope that Molly would be found soon.

I am still pining for her. Mum left the main solid front door open most of the weekend and there was just the wire security door between me and the world. I sat most of the time just watching for any movement - looking for my sister.

At night I sit at the window, crying, howling, calling her home, but she doesn't come.

Mum and Dad frequently go outside to look. They call her name, again and again. They drive around, walk the streets, eyes peeled on nooks and cranny's where she might be hiding.

Mum told me that she repeatedly dreams Molly comes home safe. They are so real she wakes up happy that Molly is home, only to realise that you can't force dreams to come true.

I hope this dream does come true. I won't forget you Molly. I will sit at the door, waiting for you until you do come home. Please make it soon. Your bowl is empty beside mine (which means I can't pinch all the nice bits out of your bowl like I do).

Labels:

20 Comments:

Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

oh dear, we is sorry that your momma didn't find her at the shelters. We is purraying so hard for her to come home Oscar. Tell your momma that dreams can come true.

8:37 am  
Blogger Renee Nefe said...

The Meezers sent me here.

Your sister is very pretty, I hope she finds her way home soon.

Hugs to you all.

9:13 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Goodness!!! We are puurrraying for you and for your beautiful sister to come home safely.

9:20 am  
Blogger Just Ducky said...

Oh Oscar, I had so hoped that your mum would find Molly at one of the shelters. But remind her to not neglect her own health.

9:59 am  
Blogger Lux said...

Hi Oscar, I am going to dream Molly comes home, too. Maybe if we all dream, it WILL come true.

Thinking of you, your family & Molly,
Lux

1:33 pm  
Blogger Tiger Lily said...

Oh Oscar I'm so sorry your Mum didn't find Molly and bring her home. My big brother Pfredd snuck out one day and was gone for about 3 weeks and Mom and my Daddy were really upset but he did finally come home on his own. Purrayers and head butts that Molly will come home soon.

1:39 pm  
Blogger a fluffy feline friend said...

We are hoping and purring furry, furry hard for your sisfur!!

Do you remember when Spanish Luna went missing last year? Efurryone purred and purred for her to be found, and eventually she was! :)

We really, really hope that we will soon be celebrating the return of your sisfur, just like when Luna was found!

2:34 pm  
Blogger Rascal said...

This is very frightening news. I am so sorry. I wish we could have met under better circumstances. I hope Molly turns up soon.

3:08 pm  
Blogger Rosie & Cheeto said...

PLEASE go over to Luna's blog and see what hur lady did to find luna. She was missing for a cupple of months and thay fownd hur.
http://gatititas.blogspot.com/

Please ask hur to provide some tips as to the best ways to guide Molly home.

As hard as this may seem, whenever you feel sad, take that sadness and turn it into a proactive action to find her. It's easier said than done but we are going to make sure we (and owr lady) keeps you in her heart and prayers!

Best,
Rosie, Cheeto and our lady

4:02 pm  
Blogger Karen Jo said...

I am so sorry that your Mum didn't find Molly at any of the shelters. I am hoping and praying that she will come home soon. I think it is a good thing that you are calling her. Maybe she will hear you. Remind your Mum that dreams CAN come true. Make sure that everyone you know knows that Molly is missing, so they can keep an eye out for her. That's how Luna was found.

5:11 pm  
Blogger KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

Poor Molly, we are praying for her to find her way home.

And Oscar, you take care of yourself and your Mommie and Daddie.

5:41 pm  
Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

So sorry to hear that Molly is missing.:( I hope she comes home soon!

My mom said that when she was growing up, her sister's cat Princess went missing. She was an indoor-only cat, but managed to slip out of the door when it was open. She was gone for 6 weeks! 6 weeks later, she suddenly appeared on the doorstep, very thin, very dehydrated, but otherwise fine (she was brought to the vet to be checked out.) After that, her personality changed - she was much more friendly and affectionate than she had been before, but suffered no ill effects from her time out "in the wild."

So there can be happy endings. I hope Molly comes home soon, or that you find her soon.

6:08 pm  
Blogger =^..^= said...

Purrliss send your Mom and Dad my loudest purrs... my thots and purrayers are wif them.

Molly, COME HOME!!!

~Bombay

11:06 pm  
Blogger The Tower Hill Mob said...

We are praying and purring hard for Molly's safe return.
We also had a kitty who went 'walkabout' for about a month. he returned home safe and sound, but Mum aged about a hundred years...
Hang in there!

1:34 am  
Blogger Carolina Cats said...

Oh Oscar, we're so sorry to heer that Molly is missing! We sure hope she comes home soon. Have yore mom and dad put out some stinky clothes of theirs? Molly mite need to smell their smell, or yours, to remember her way home. Stinky wet food is good too.

Come home, Molly!!!

Finny & buddy

2:33 am  
Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

We are all purraying really hard. Come home Molly!

3:08 am  
Blogger Mr. Hendrix said...

We're praying very very hard that sweet Molly comes home safe soon. have you posted posters just in case her tags came off and someone took her in thinking they would keep her? They may have thought she was lost.
Good thinking about the clothes and stinky goodness too. We've heard that works.
We are praying for you and Molly. Please take care.

3:23 am  
Blogger Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Oh, honey ... How furry sad for Molly to disappear like that. We're all purrayin' for her safety (and her return) in addition to sending good karmic thoughts all the way down-under to you.

Furry good luck to you! We hope that Molly comes home TODAY!
DMM

4:11 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Every day dad walked for the place where I got lost.
Mom hit warnings for all the places near house and the place where she got lost.
It put warnings in tv, magazines and small newspapers of the town.
They left food where I got lost.
They left my clothes so that it felt my scent and it returned home.
Look in August 2006
we are praying for her to find her way home.



....._.;_'.-._
...{`--..-.'_,}
.{;..\,__...-'/}
.{..'-`.._;..-';
....`'--.._..-'
........,--\\..,-"-.
........`-..\(..'-...\
...............\.;---,/
..........,-""-;\
......../....-'.)..\
........\,---'`...\\

6:30 am  
Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

we was just checking to see if anyfing changed - we is still purraying hard. Oscar, tell your mommy to please take care of herself and get rest and food.

11:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home